All the benefits of a buddha bowl for breakfast with refried beans, a hard-boiled egg and loads of veggies for a new breakfast favorite. Substantial and flavorful this breakfast that will sustain energy for hours. It also makes a great lunch
What You'll Need
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, red pepper, and avocado in a bowl.
- Add the lime cilantro dressing (see below). Toss. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place the corn in a double boiler (a small bowl resting in a pot with an inch of water) and steam for 3 minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper. Place the corn in the bowl with the tomato mixture.
- Add the hot refried beans (see below) to the mixture. Top with the egg slices. Serve.
Lime Cilantro Dressing
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and lightly sauté for a few minutes until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the garlic, chili powder, and cumin, and sauté for another minute.
- Add the broth and the beans and cook for about 5 minutes. Lightly mash the beans mixture. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add the cilantro and stir.
- If not using right away, let cool. Put into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator
Tip: To make this easier to throw together for breakfast, make the refried beans and boil the egg the night before. The salad can also be made ahead, but leave out the avocado and add it in the morning.
You may also be interested in...
Roasted Red Pepper Stuffing
A side dish no Thanksgiving dinner is complete without. Bring this autumn-inspired dish to your dinner this year and we'd be surprised if you go home with any leftovers.
Skill level: Easy
This recipe has a video