What You'll Need
- Place a soup pot on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the butter or olive oil and onions. Lightly sauté until slightly translucent.
- Add the garlic, broth, carrots, celery, tomato puree, sugar or honey, thyme, and basil. Bring to a boil and cook for five minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Add the chickpeas and cook to heat through. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the avocado into 1-inch pieces and add to the soup.
- Ladle into bowls and top with sourdough croutons.
You may also be interested in...
Breakfast Baked Tomato Eggplant
Baked, breaded eggplant is worth the effort. The combination of the crisp eggplant, sliced tomatoes and poached eggs make it the perfect breakfast. Eggplant can be breaded and baked the night before to save time.
Prep time: 1 hr 10 mins
Total time: 1 hr 30 mins
Skill level: Medium