What You'll Need
- In robot coupe, pulse tomato, tomato paste, and chicken;
- Transfer to a stainless bowl.
- Fold in basil stems, and garlic.
- Place egg whites in a separate stainless bowl and whisk slightly.
- Fold egg whites into protein mix.
- Place all in a consommé pot and add cold vegetable stock.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently to prevent scorching; do not stir once raft begins to form.
- Puncture a hole in middle of the raft using small ladle.
- Baste raft as consommé cooks.
- Simmer about 1.5 hours or until proper clarity, flavor and body has developed.
- Strain using ladle through hole so as not to disturb the raft
- Re-season and chill.
- Place garnish in the bowl along one side.
- Pour chilled consommé into bowl at tableside.
You may also be interested in...
Roasted Red Pepper Stuffing
A side dish no Thanksgiving dinner is complete without. Bring this autumn-inspired dish to your dinner this year and we'd be surprised if you go home with any leftovers.
Skill level: Easy
This recipe has a video