What You'll Need
- Cut corn off cob.
- Use back of knife to scrape off milk; reserve.
- Reserve ½ cup of corn kernels for garnish and blanch remaining until soft; chill and reserve.
- Rough chop tomatoes, onion, celery.
- Finely chop garlic.
- In a pot, add olive oil, onion and celery.
- Cook until semi-soft, not brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and chilled corn and corn milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Add soup contents into high speed blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Completely chill until soup is very cold.
- Add cilantro, blanched corn and peas.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and good quality olive oil.
- Garnish with reserved corn and peas.
You may also be interested in...
Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Let your taste buds expand with this new take on sauce. That’s right, tomatoes are not the only vegetable that is perfect for a pasta sauce or as a coulis on your favorite protein. We love a good bell pepper sauce.
Skill level: Easy