What You'll Need
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan and fill with cold water with at least an inch of water above the eggs. Bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat and cover.
- Let sit for 12 minutes. Drain and place in cold water with ice.
- Once the eggs are cold, carefully pee the shell off the eggs. Cut each egg in half.
- Gently scoop out the yolks and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add the red pepper, yogurt, lemon juice, chive and honey and process until smooth. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently scoop the filling into the empty hole in each egg where the yolk used to be. Mound it a bit onto part of the egg white. Shape it to look like a pumpkin.
- Sprinkle on a bit of paprika and stick a 1-inch piece of chive in the top to look like a stem.
- Refrigerate until serving.
To Roast A Pepper: Cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds. Flatten the pepper. Place on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Broil until the skin blackens. Remove from the oven and let cool. Peel the skin off the pepper and discard the skin. This can be done ahead of time. The pepper can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days or stored longer in the freezer.
You may also be interested in...
Pizza: the perfect party, dinner, and snack food! These tasty creations use eggplant for the base in lieu of the traditional flour crust. Serve immediately to keep the juices and flavors locked in, and watch them disappear in a flash!
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Skill level: Easy
Cheddar and Roasted Red Pepper Pancakes
Enjoy a delicious breakfast or breakfast for dinner with these savory Cheddar and Roasted Red Pepper Pancakes.
Skill level: Medium
This recipe has a video