Marinating and grilling chicken adds flavor in an easy way. Paired with colorful peppers and kale, roasted in garlic and olive oil, completes the dish with a minimum of work. Perfect for outdoor meals, entertaining guests or just to make the family happy with a tasty meal.
What You'll Need
- Place the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, water, and onions in a sealable bag. Add some sea salt and pepper (more can be added later to taste).
- Flatten the chicken with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Add the chicken breast to the sealable bag and mix so the chicken is covered.
- Seal the bag and be sure to press out the air first. Let marinate for 4 hours or longer.
- Turn the grill on high. Season the grill with oil or butter.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and reserve the marinade. Place the chicken on the grill. Leave the grill open.
- Cook until the edges start to turn white. Flip over.
- When juices start to collect on top, the chicken is done.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the remainder of the marinade into a small saucepan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken on a plate. Top with the cooked marinade and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the Roasted Pepper Slaw.
You may also be interested in...
Shrimp Tacos with Red Cabbage Pepper Salad
A seafood treat combines with a zesty, colorful cabbage salad. A sure pleaser at the dinner table get ready to add this in your regular meal rotation. Tacos will never be the same!
Prep time: 25
Total time: 32
Skill level: Easy
This recipe has a video