What You'll Need
- Put a large saucepan on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and onions. Lightly sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, garlic, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cayenne (if desired) and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender or transfer to a regular blender and blend until smooth.
- Put the soup back on the stove and add the peppers. Bring to a boil again and lower to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach and heat thoroughly. Add the lemon juice and honey. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and add the yogurt.
- Soup can be frozen for future use.
You may also be interested in...
Breakfast Baked Tomato Eggplant
Baked, breaded eggplant is worth the effort. The combination of the crisp eggplant, sliced tomatoes and poached eggs make it the perfect breakfast. Eggplant can be breaded and baked the night before to save time.
Prep time: 1 hr 10 mins
Total time: 1 hr 30 mins
Skill level: Medium