What You'll Need
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- For the filling: place a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the butter and onions and lightly sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and thyme and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and asparagus. Continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the cream reduces by half.
- Add the rice and feta. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For the topping: mix the Panko breadcrumbs, olive oil and egg together. Season with a bit of sea salt and pepper.
- Lay the long peppers onto a baking sheet. Put the mushroom mixture into each pepper half. Pack it in a bit. Sprinkle the Panko mixture on top.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the pepper is soft and the Panko is golden.
You may also be interested in...
Grilled Herbed Flatbread with Arugula Salad
Salad doesn’t always have to be eaten alone. Go against the grain, start your own trend, and top grilled flatbread with arugula salad, and a poached egg. Eat it as a pizza if you dare.
Skill level: Hard