Veggie burgers are a great way to increase your recommended daily vegetables. With sweet chili sauce, mushrooms and black beans this burger is sure to satisfy.
What You'll Need
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat; add 1 cup onions and all mushrooms, and cook 30 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Mash beans with fork in mixing bowl.
- Finely chop peppers, garlic and remaining ½ cup onion in food processor. Mix into mashed beans.
- Mix egg, salt, chili sauce and bread crumbs into bean mixture until mixture binds together. Add more crumbs, if needed. Form into 4 patties.
- Bake patties on baking sheet 8 minutes per side, or until firm.
- Assemble buns with cooked patty, onions and mushrooms.
You may also be interested in...
Grilled Steak with Tomato Chutney
Grilled steaks with baked potatoes are a classic. Perfect for outdoor and indoor events. Serving it with tomato chutney takes the flavor to another level. Make extra and use the chutney as a condiment for snacks and toast. It stores in the refrigerator for two weeks.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 1 hr, 10 mins
Skill level: Medium
Vegetarian Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Wrap with Spicy Hummus
A SUPER simple vegetarian dish, that is simple and perfect for the individual on the go! It also can be converted to make an appetizer.
Prep time: 20
Total time: 20
Skill level: Easy